Extensive seismic retrofit and complete architectural improvement to one of only two true California historic round barns.
The original building was built by Isaac DeTurk in 1891 and is now registered in the National Register of Historic Places.
The seismic portion of this project consisted of raising the existing structure for installation of a foundation and slab and extensive structural upgrades to the walls and balconies.
The architectural upgrades include new restrooms, new commercial kitchen, three new steel stair cases, new elevator, radiant heat flooring and state of the art audio visual system.
This project has been the recipient of numerous awards across several different fields including the 2014 Preservation Design Award